TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Repro Plasma kit

Wed Jun 06, 2012 05:07

A friend here in Colorado USA is a professional printer, and has decided to reproduce some both common and uncommon items for the reenacting community. Robb is a compulsive perfectionist, and one of his "projects" is to repro the complete Plasma kit. I have loaned him an un-opened late war kit from my collection, but he does not want to open it (nor do I).

Based on the carton, he has ordered appropriate chipboard for the carton, but would like to borrow an opened tin and an empty bottle, as he intends to create a glass mold to duplicate the bottle, and has a contact in Mexic who can reproduce the inner can, including the turn-key to open the can.

His offer is: whomever will loan him the needed items will get several completed kits as a "thank you" as well as the return of the items loaned. Anyone who can help, please drop me an e-mail.

Dave
David J. Little

President, Tenth Mountain Division Living History Display Group
Secretary, Tenth Mountain Division Foundation
Board Member, Tenth Mountain Resource Center
Past Webmaster, National Association of the Tenth Mountain Division

Andrewb
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: Repro Plasma kit

Wed Jul 25, 2012 16:45

Hi Dave

Was wondering how this project was getting along. Sounded ambitious. I remember the post when it was first made and got curious when I came across it again just now.

I had none of the needed items but hope some one was able to supply.

Being a compulsive perfectionist seems common in the reproduction hobby but can make projects last a long time. I was thinking of rebuilding an anaethetic machine I was given by a friend (whos main interest is 18th and 19th century medical equipment) but the task seams daunting. As they say the devil is in the detail.

Andrew

TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Thu Jul 26, 2012 00:42

Unfortunately I haven't been able to advance this project. Dang.
David J. Little

President, Tenth Mountain Division Living History Display Group
Secretary, Tenth Mountain Division Foundation
Board Member, Tenth Mountain Resource Center
Past Webmaster, National Association of the Tenth Mountain Division

GliderRiderMedic
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Tue Jul 31, 2012 13:05

but would like to borrow an opened tin and an empty bottle

It's a little belated (as I have been recovering from surgery and other medical problems) but if you ever get someone who wants to run with the idea, I have a mold I made of one of the plasma bottles and have an opened tin that I'm happy to loan you. I could make a dental stone cast of the mold as it would probably be the easiest way to ship it. I actually was thinking about doing a mold of the tins to serve as "repro" dummies for use in a supply tent once I get back into reenacting after I get settled wherever I wind up for school (most likely out west somewhere).

Return to “General Discussion”