belchi
Corporal
Corporal

Doctor médical examinations

Sun Aug 06, 2017 13:05

Hello everyone,

Hi anybody, tell me what grade the doctor had when he passed the medical examinations to the new soldiers?

thxs

berlchi

WS-G
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Doctor médical examinations

Fri Jan 25, 2019 06:47

belchi wrote:Hello everyone,

Hi anybody, tell me what grade the doctor had when he passed the medical examinations to the new soldiers?

thxs

berlchi

In the US Army Medical Department of the period, medical officers were typically given their initial appointments in the grade of first lieutenant if they met the minimum educational and experience requirements for commissioning as a physician. At the very least, the applicant needed to have completed at least one year of internship and residency after having completed his MD or DO degree, and have passed the licensing examination to practice in one or more states or territories of the United States. He had to be otherwise physically, mentally and morally qualified for appointment as a commissioned officer in the United States Army.

Depending upon the amount of past clinical experience, those accepted into positions of greater clinical responsibility could potentially be inducted at a higher grade, most commonly in the grade of captain, rarely senior to that.

When medically approving newly inducted soldiers, this decision could be made by any qualified medical officer (i.e.: any physician appointed as an officer of the Medical Corps), and was not dependent upon the medical officer's rank.

belchi
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Doctor médical examinations

Wed Jul 31, 2019 09:01

Thank you very much for your answer !!

Return to “General Discussion”