docdean64
Captain
Captain

Med DEPT Logo

Sat Dec 23, 2006 04:30

The Round MED DEPT marking from what I understand is correct for usage if it is the type the is as follows: White field (various sizes as applied to item) Maroonish Red Caduces, Wording running around the inside edge of the circle, "United States or "US" at times Army Medical Department" the circa 1948-49 logo is the on as decribed above but just has the U.S. and no other wording. This was done when the standardization of all branches medical equipment and markings began. I have a WW2 MD chest with the post war decal on it. The chest was appearantly refurbished and re decaled at some point. When I was in the service we often cleaned repainted and remarked our field gear to keep it looking sharp, I'm sure the same thing happened throughout time and could explain why some items like an obvious WW2 Plasma Chest has a Post War decal applied to it! What I don't like about the Larsen Stencil is there is something wrong with the caduces and how the snakes cross over the staff near the type. It isn't like the original. I saw a really nicely restored ambulance with those applied and it just made the whole thong look "wrong" I know, maybe I'm a stich nazi, but I like to get it right!!!
Attachments
md usa.jpg
(466.64 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
MRC Moderator
"So Others May Live"

"Cursimus cum forfex"
“We Run With Scissors”

111th Med BN/ Re-enacted
33d Field Hospital/Re-enacted
1942 GPW Medical Jeep / Litter Carrier
1943 Converto T6 Trailer

Return to “General Discussion”