Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Look what's coming!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 21:24

Man, just picked this up from Ebay and am I happy. I am not much of a Navy Hospital Corps guy, but it sure is a nice kit! Totally unissued!

I bet whenever the series "Pacific" comes out, this thing will be worth $1000!!! :wink: JJ

TM

martyn
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Sun Sep 23, 2007 23:16

Very nice Todd :wink:

Did you get the glass vials for the hypodermic tablets included in the MD USN case?

Martyn

Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Mon Sep 24, 2007 03:39

It hasn't arrived yet, but I do not believe that the glass vials are included. I think that this may be the case prior to being outfitted with the narcotics/drugs. I do not think that BD manufactured any drugs/narcotics. This is all simply a guess though based on the pics and the Ebay auction. I am not familiar with the Navy products and don't even know where to begin to look for Navy Hospital Corps catalogs, etc.
TM

Ben
Major
Major

Mon Sep 24, 2007 22:43

That is a very nice find indeed Todd, congratulations! With regard to the Navy Hospital Corps catalogs, I will see what information I can find. I seem to recall having a short article about them somewhere, and perhaps it will contain information that you are looking for.

Thanks for posting, and good buy!

Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

martyn
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Sun Mar 02, 2008 14:22

Firetoad wrote:It hasn't arrived yet, but I do not believe that the glass vials are included. I think that this may be the case prior to being outfitted with the narcotics/drugs. I do not think that BD manufactured any drugs/narcotics. This is all simply a guess though based on the pics and the Ebay auction. I am not familiar with the Navy products and don't even know where to begin to look for Navy Hospital Corps catalogs, etc.

Hi Todd

Sorry for the very late reply but have you seen a copy of "SAILORS IN FOREST GREEN" by Jeff Warner, excellent book. The U.S. Navy Hospital Corps is featured in a chapter 139 pages long.
ISBN number is 0-7643-2426-8

Cheers

Martyn

Return to “General Discussion”