PAdoc
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Another bottle label query

Tue Mar 03, 2009 00:31

I need label help,
Does anyone have an image of the labels that went on the individual bottles in the Dispensing Set, 9775000 that was in the early war medical chest no. 2? I am also looking for the label that went on the black plastic pill vials in the medic bags. Was it just a generic blank label, or was there a specific form of label?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

docdean64
Captain
Captain

Tue Mar 03, 2009 01:45

There were specific labels for the rubber vials. There were also some just furnished without labels to which the medic or medical officer affixed adhesive tape (surgical tape) and hand wrote the contents. I've actually seen this quite a bit in originals.

I personally have never seen a set of labels for the dispensing set bottles, nor a photo of them with labels. Have you seen a pic of them with labels? If so they may be duplicated fairly easily. Post a pic if you have one.
MRC Moderator
"So Others May Live"

"Cursimus cum forfex"
“We Run With Scissors”

111th Med BN/ Re-enacted
33d Field Hospital/Re-enacted
1942 GPW Medical Jeep / Litter Carrier
1943 Converto T6 Trailer

PAdoc
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed Mar 04, 2009 08:56

Thanks for the note on the black pill vial labels-now I now to keep looking.
As for the dispensing kit bottles, no, I have never seen the actual bottles except in the illustration in the MD3 catalog. I do have an original box, and very close bottles and rubber stoppers.
From the Med chest 2 contents lists it is also a little unclear as to what was to go in those bottles. Was it left to the wishes of the individual Batt. Surgeons, or was there a regulation or directive?
Isn't it amazing how we focus on these little details!

docdean64
Captain
Captain

Thu Mar 05, 2009 03:36

I have never seen a US Army list for what exact contents go into the dispensing set. My guess would be that it varied by application, climate and type of operation as determined by the BN Surgeon. The WW1 sets which were similar were left to the descretion of the BN Surgeon, logic would have these following suit.
MRC Moderator

"So Others May Live"

"Cursimus cum forfex"

“We Run With Scissors”

111th Med BN/ Re-enacted

33d Field Hospital/Re-enacted

1942 GPW Medical Jeep / Litter Carrier

1943 Converto T6 Trailer

Return to “General Discussion”