Here are some data relating to Italy. The 161st Medical Battalion (activated 8 sep 43) served in Italy under control of VI Corps, from Salerno to the Arno and obtained following Campaign credits: Naples-Foggia, Rome-Arno, North Apennines, and Po Valley. It landed on 28 September 1943. An expanded Clearing Station was organized with increased bed capacity from 125 to 250. Around November-December 1943, a Platoon of the 161st (with additional pychiatrists + medical personnel attached) became the Fifth Army NP Center, which opened in 21 December near Capua. In March 1944, elements were at Anzio in support of the 94th Evac Hosp and the 34th Inf Div. In May 1944, one of its Clearing Companies was attached to the French Expeditionary Corps and later served as a Holding Company for air evacuation. The 161st did not participate in the Southern France landings but was retained by the Fifth Army. It was then placed under IV Corps jurisdiction for the coming Mt. Belvedere offensive in October/November, and also temporarily became an expansion unit for the 15th Evac Hosp, while also active in the treatment of NP and gastrointestinal cases. During April 1945, the unit provided medical support to the 92d Inf Div. The 161st Medical Battalion embarked on 7 August 1945 for the US en route to the Pacific but was diverted at sea after the Japanese surrender.
The 162d Medical Battalion (activated 25 Aug 43) served in the same theater and received identical Campaign credits. The unit operated two Clearing Stations on D-Day, 9 September 1943 (attached to 531st Engineer Shore Regiment). It would later be involved in medical support for the 34th Inf and 82d Abn Div, and equally operate a provisional Evacuation Hospital in Naples (2 October 1943) together with the 307th Airborne Medical Company, all under VI Corps. One Clearing Company was attached to the 56th Evac Hosp at Dragoni from 6 November to 21 December. One Platoon formed a VD Center. By mid February 1944, now under II Corps, the unit operated mobile Dispensaries in the isolated Anzio area. It also became partially responsible for evacuation and loading of patients on the docks to Naples. Also shortly involved in evacuating FEC forward Hospitals, as well as running evacuation out of Rome (after its liberation 4 Jun 44). 162d elements were attached to the 38th Evac Hosp course of September 1944. Operated VD Hospital and Dental Clininc in Florence in March 1945 for treating II and IV Corps patients. On 25 August 1945, the 162d Medical Battalion was ordered to return to the Zone of Interior.
That should answer your question I hope.
Best regards, Alain