TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Reproduction crates & Bcartons

Tue Jun 01, 2010 17:48

Forum Members:

A friend & fellow reenactor/historian is a professional printer by trade - he owns a series of pre-war Heidelburg presses, and has made a couple of high quality reproductions of various cartons & crates. To date he only works from originals, as he will go so far as to cast the dies and plates to reproduce lettering and fonts. His work is close enough for museum displays.

He approached me today and would like to reproduce the complete early plasma set - the carton, the tins, the bottles & hangers. Unfortunately, my sole example is un-opened, and I am not willing to open the carton for him. (I know, but I'm funny that way) He has found some original tubing and stoppers, and is working on the glassware. He even found a canner who will make the key-open cannisters in small quantities. So...

Does anyone here have an opened carton that they would be willing to either sell or lend to use as the master? We would need to access both the carton and the contents. A lender would get 5 complete sets of the finished product as the "fee" for the loan, in addition to the return of the sample item. We'll pay postage both ways. Sellers - please tell me what you have and how much you want - or we can work out a trade if you so desire. We'd prefer the early pattern set, but can do the later pattern sets, too.

He is planning also to repop the 5-in-1 and 10-in-1 ration cartons, and I am trying to convince him to repop the Mountain ration inner and outer cartons, too. He is excited about these projects, so is looking for other ideas and requests. If you have a crate or carton that you would like to see reproduced, let me know and we can talk. Again, he'll only work from originals, as he wants to get the details "right". Any ideas, comments or suggestions are welcomed. Bandage cartons, master packs or morphene, etc
David J. Little

President, Tenth Mountain Division Living History Display Group
Secretary, Tenth Mountain Division Foundation
Board Member, Tenth Mountain Resource Center
Past Webmaster, National Association of the Tenth Mountain Division

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Reproduction crates & Bcartons

Sun Jun 06, 2010 14:14

Hi Dave,
I'm afraid that my example is also sealed in the box. However, I have some loose larger tins (600cc. examples) as well as some of the bottles which are not packaged. I wonder whether or not you'd be interested in having the guy reproduce the Expendable Field Recipient Set? I looked into having these made a while ago, but fell foul at getting the gauze filter reproduced.
I do know a couple of other collectors whom I believe have loose sets, so I will consult them and see what sort of response I might be able to get!
Thanks,
Ben ;)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Sun Jun 06, 2010 17:34

Thanks for the response. Let's see what is out there & we can go from there. The other set may be a possibility.

Ben
Major
Major

Sun Jun 06, 2010 17:53

OK Dave - I'll report as soon as I have something to let you know.

Thanks,
Ben :D
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

Ben
Major
Major

Thu Jun 24, 2010 19:26

Hi Dave,
I've sent you a PM regarding this. Let me know what you think.
Kind regards,
Ben :)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

Return to “Reproduction & Printable Paperwork”