Ranger-Cpt
Corporal
Corporal

Hello Folks!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:40

Hi There,
My name is Dale Davidson and I'm a member of the Normandy44 Reenactment Association in the UK (www.N44.co.uk). I started the group in 1999 and we've grown to a reasonable size but we're always trying to improve and keep growing and we're always happy to take advice. We intitally started off portraying the 2nd Rangers back in 1996 with a previous group and carried that impression forward with the newly created N44. Our core impression is still Rangers and we also do 1st and 5th Rangers impressions alongside the 2nd. We've also by default created an "Armoured" section as we keep getting tanks in the group, last time I checked we had 2 x Chaffee's ( One getting restored), 1 x Sherman, 1 x Hellcat, 1 x Jackson and our newly purchased M10 which we're working on at the moment. I've always admired the "Combat Medic" of WW2 but never really had the time to study the subject in any depth. What's focused our attentions on Medic stuff is probably the tentage we have, we've always had loads of tents but recently purchased a second squad tent and a 52ft long fly for the hospital tent, we've also bought a 18ft x 9ft original medic fly. Intitally these were supposed to house our guys but as we've been buying more pyramidals and small walls they've became redundant. I've seen some cracking medical displays at events but very few have the tentage to give it a grander scale. I'd love to see our entire camp set out as a large Aid Station or Field Hospital and to this end we've been making and buying some equipment but we're no experts by any stretch of the imagination so will heavily rely on this web site and its members for advice (hope that's okay folks!). I've had the pleasure of meeting Alain a couple of time in Normandy and I've worked alongside Ben at a few events (Top bloke and so's his father Chris).

Here's a few pictures of the group!

Beltring last July

The Victory Show

Beltring again

Pickering

Hartlepool

Command March (Achnacarry), where the 1st Rangers were trained, nine mile route march (Full Kit)

Last but not least an event co-ordinated by Ben Major (Skegness), brilliant show and good pictures which have been played with slightly.

Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

www.N44.co.uk

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Hello Folks!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 16:14

Welcome aboard, Dale! It's certainly good to see that you guys are looking at putting together another medical-related display.
Have fun here, and let us know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Ben :D
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Ranger-Cpt
Corporal
Corporal

Sun Jun 12, 2011 16:34

Many thanks Ben, this site is excellent and I'll recommend it to my lads that are interested in the medical aspect of the war.

www.N44.co.uk

Alain
Major
Major

Mon Jun 20, 2011 07:56

Hello Dale,
WELCOME to the Forum !

It's nice to hear you guys are still very active - I do remember the good times we all had on Omaha Beach, when "Strictly G.I." was still alive and kicking ...

I loved the pics you forwarded, and most of all the latter part of the series, they just llok swell.

Cheers,
Alain :wink:
MRC Administrator

Babe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Tue Jun 21, 2011 15:03

Welcome on the forum!!

It's very nice pictures!!! :D

Babe

Pieter
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Jun 21, 2011 18:56

Hey Dale,

Indeed, what a great pics :D. These are like movie-shots!!

Rgrds, Pieter.
"We serve that others may conquer" motto of the second medical battalion.

Ranger-Cpt
Corporal
Corporal

Wed Jun 22, 2011 07:56

Thanks folks,
We don't often do photo-shoots as more natural shots just seem to look better. Thanks also Alain for the kind words, I always held your group in the highest esteem. It's strange how things develop and we're always trying to push forward, we're not there yet but I don't suppose we ever will be :( . Simple things like no repro webbing and having a uniformity in kit and vehicles helps make thing blend together but there's always something else to improve on. We've got loads of projects on the go at the moment and I'm frantically trying to sort things out for the War & Peace Show at Beltring, we've got a 200ft x 200ft pitch that I need to fill. :shock:

Dale...............

www.N44.co.uk

johan willaert
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2011 16:30

Ranger-Cpt wrote:trying to sort things out for the War & Peace Show at Beltring, we've got a 200ft x 200ft pitch that I need to fill. :shock:

Hi Dale,

Whereabouts will your display be located? Would to love to come over and look at it and talk Rangers...
'29th, Let's Go!'

Ranger-Cpt
Corporal
Corporal

Wed Jun 22, 2011 23:05

Just look for the largest U.S camp in the living history field, it'll have a Chaffee parked on it as well as other vehicles. We'll have two squad tents at the entrance and a barrier. Come at night, we've got a bar, just ask for Dale.

www.N44.co.uk

sgtpeter
Captain
Captain

Wed Jun 22, 2011 23:47

hhmm ... maybe i'll have to make the trip cross the pond just for the bar ;)
Peter

'43 Dodge WC54
piles of smelly green stuff
a couple of band-aids

Ranger-Cpt
Corporal
Corporal

Thu Jun 23, 2011 22:16

sgtpeter wrote:hhmm ... maybe i'll have to make the trip cross the pond just for the bar ;)

You could always take part in the main battle, always on the lookout for good men.

www.N44.co.uk

Return to “Introduce Yourself”