Claudio
Private

Hello from CH.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 16:01

Hi

I been reading this web site since last September so I decided to created my account .

I'm a 42 years old guy, doing re-enacting since a two and an half years and recently started a medic impression for Normandy 70th Anniversary using the information available on med-dept (307th Medical Battalion)
I have also done some paper home repro from the Ration K to the Emergency Medical Tags including Sulfadiazine and safety pins
I'm currently living in Switzerland

Andrewb
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: Hello from CH.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 14:59

Hi Claudio

Welcome to the site.

Your photo looks great.

Good luck in developing your impression. If you have any questions I'm sure there are people here who can help so just ask.

Do you have any pictures of the items you have produced and collected, if so it would be great to see some more photos.

Sincerely
Andrew

Claudio
Private

Tue Jun 24, 2014 15:41

I missing some pictures from an original USN 9705000 Instrument case complete and two 9767500 Metal Container No. 1
The Anesthesia container picture is not mine by the box is currently in my possession

Andrewb
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Sun Jul 06, 2014 01:56

Hi Claudio

Thanks for posting. Looks like things are coming along well.

I think the pdf for the Green Oak safety pins may be the one I created (if you down loaded it from this site) from an original supplied to me by Ben. If so I'm glad people have found it useful.

A suggestion for the emergency medical tag booklet. They came with the pages pre fitted with cotton string looped through the hole at the top of each page and this would be easy to add to your reproduction.. It gives the booklet a distinctive look that makes it easy to identify in period photos. Also in the booklets I have seen the cover is blue but the pages are a beige colour and are made from thin card that makes the book relatively thick.

Is the Anaesthesia set original or reproduction? And do you have it stocked? Either way it looks like new condition and is a great item.

In picture 7 you have some great reproductions of the wound tablets. Do you have the pdf for these wound tablets, and if so are you willing to share it?

Good luck with the ongoing project.

Sincerely
Andrew

Alain
Major
Major

Sun Jul 06, 2014 14:03

Hi Claudio,

Nice to have you join our Forum ! Yes, I do remember you as one of my customers (Med ID Card 2d pattern laminated).
Excellent pictures - and some some very nice looking reproductions.
I have a few comments if I may:

The Plaster of Paris by Chaard is most probably a USN item, right ?
This applies to the Windlass Tourniquet as well.
The 307th Abn Med Co would NOT use these items in the field.

The color of the picture illustrating the Green Oaks Safety Pins is rather dark, but I assume this is due to the scan (the chevrons also appear rather dark).
The remark about the EMT Book is correct, the individual cards miss the cotton ties. Btw, are the contents complete ? If so, congratulations as they are rather complex to reproduce. I used to make them but eventually ran out of 'sterile' and 'vintage' material to reproduce them.

You're on the right track with your WWII Medic impressions ! That's for sure.
All the best,
Alain
MRC Administrator

Claudio
Private

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:49

Thank you for all your feedbacks

@ Andrew: yes the PDF used for the Green Oak safety pins it's yours I downloaded from med-dept, Thank you very much!
And I must say that is a pitty that some links are broken, as some paperwork postd somr time agor are quite interesting
Regarding the medical tag booklet, the picure was take the day that I assembled it, since the the cotton string was added. For the next version i will try to add a thicker paper.
The Anaesthesia set is a reproduction from Martin Boxes (http://www.wwiiboxes.co.uk/US%20home.htm)
The wound tablets : http://www.ww2-reproductions.com

@ Alain
Yes, I ordered the Med ID Card 2d pattern laminated to you, exellent work and I will certanlly order another one soon, i the time been I gave your email to a frienr for his chaplain ID Card
Thank you for the Tourniquet info ! I will start looking for the one with the Steel Buckle
For the EMT Book, on this version the only missign part is the carbonic sheet, I will try to add it on the next run and also weather the sheets by wetting the paped with Tea and let it dry overnight

Claudio
Private

Tue Jul 15, 2014 22:51

USN

Return to “Introduce Yourself”