AB
Private

Hi from Australia

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:14

Hi from Australia

Im very glad to have found this excellent site and research group.

Im a surgical registrar also employed by an ambulance service in paramedic development with an interest in:
Medical (particularly surgical) history
Trauma and military medicine
Reenactment (a range of periods)
Collecting surgical equipment (early stages currently

I thought I would combine and some of these interests and try to become involved with one of the local WW2 reenactment groups and would like to work on an impression. My closest group includes elements of the 82nd airborne so I was thinking of the following of the following options.
Airborne medic / medical officer / surgeon. I read with grteat interest the article on the 307th Airborne medical company.

I am also interested in flying and aviation and am also developing a USAAF impression.

I have started collecting the airborne uniform and basic field equipmentand hope to start on the medical equpment shortly. A initial goal will be to put together an appropriate personal medical kit including an instrament case. I find one of the advantages of reenactment is gaining an understanding of some of the more personal elements of history which come from the details of collecting and carrying personal items and uderstanding individual details. I gain a much different perspective of history than from the larger scale focus of much of history.

I am looking forward to being involved with this group.

Andrew

Ben
Major
Major

Sat Aug 16, 2008 14:30

Andrew,

Welcome to the Forums, I hope that you will enjoy your time here, and sharing information with our members!

I am delighted to hear that you are looking to re-enact a member of the 307th Airborne Medical Company, and indeed this is my chosen unit for re-enactment too. Many of the members of this board are re-enactors and collectors, and should you need any advice at all about your uniform, equipment or anything else related to this, please feel free to ask.

We look forward to working with you on the Forum, and to build your impression, and look forward to seeing some illustrations once you have managed to get everything together.

Good luck, and God speed!
Ben :D
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Return to “Introduce Yourself”