littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hello from Maryland

Sat Aug 16, 2008 14:55

Hi,
Thanks for letting me join the forum. My name is Lisa Torey. My husband and I have been involved in re-enacting since we got married in 1994. We began to concentrate on WWII in 1998 when we formed B Company 5th Rangers Re-enacted, which then grew into the 5th Ranger Infantry Battalion (RS) Inc., which is a 501 c 3 nonprofit corporation. My husband is active duty Army and has been in the military for almost 17 years. We have grown our organization into a huge educational endeavor which, partners with the WWII Ranger Battalions Association Sons and Daughters in education. We go to high schools, museums, and of course re-enactments. Although our name is 5th Ranger Battalion we do educate about all aspects of WWII not just the Rangers. I am in charge of our women's section. Right now my primary impression is ANC. I am currently building the women's service archives. I was amazed at the wealth of information listed on this website and hope that it continues to grow. If I can be of any assistance please let me know. Once again thanks for having me.
Take Care,
-Lisa

Code: Select all

http://www.5thrib.com

Ben
Major
Major

Sat Aug 16, 2008 19:13

Hello Lisa, and welcome the Forum!
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and your organisation, and I hope that you will enjoy your stay here, and sharing information with our members. I have often visited your group's website for information about the 5th Ranger Battalion, and it is encouraging to see that you're willing to share your expertise with our members here.
I hope that we will be able to help out one another, and share information about our mutual interest in the US Army Medical Department.
Thank you, and take care!
Ben :)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sun Aug 17, 2008 18:10

Thanks Ben,
We are in the process of a complete website overhaul. You should jump over and check it out.
Thanks,
Lisa

Ben
Major
Major

Sun Aug 17, 2008 18:27

Hi Lisa,

Sounds interesting, and I will certainly check back. Would you be interested in a link exchange?

Thanks,
Ben 8)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sun Aug 17, 2008 22:36

Sure, just let me talk to my webmaster to get it added. I will see him on Saturday the 23rd, at an event, but it will not be a problem.
Thanks'
-Lisa

Ben
Major
Major

Sun Aug 17, 2008 22:47

OK Lisa, thanks for that. We will also include a link to your 5th Rangers' site. I assume that the address will remain the same?
Thanks,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mon Aug 18, 2008 00:00

Yes, it will not change.
Thanks,
Lisa

Ben
Major
Major

Mon Aug 18, 2008 15:27

Hi Lisa,
The link to your site has been added to our link database.
Thanks,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

Alain
Major
Major

Wed Aug 20, 2008 15:11

Hi Lisa,
I really haven't had much time these last few days, but I still want to welcome you on the Forum !
I've corresponded with Tim, your husband, in the past, and wrote to and even met with Ed in Normandy, when he was still with the 5th Rangers group (this was at the early stages of "Strictly G.I."), you might remember, if not I'm sure Tim will .
Nice to have you around and I hope we'll have plenty of opportunities to exchange ideas about the US Medical Department in World War 2 .
I'm certain you'll find plenty of 'medical' information on our webpages, and Ben and I intend to continue researching, digging, and looking for more . Any 'new' material, comments, illustrations, data, related to the subject are always welcome !
Best regards, and say hello to Tim for me .
Alain :)
MRC Administrator

littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed Aug 20, 2008 17:26

Thanks Alain,
Ed is still part of our group, as a matter of fact he is our current President. I have really enjoyed being here thus far, and Ben has been a huge help. I would love to exchange more info as we continue to research and grow our archives, as well.
Thanks,
Lisa

Return to “Introduce Yourself”