Chris G
Private

Hello from Ohio

Wed Dec 17, 2008 20:48

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies-

Theres some friendly faces over here that I havent talked with in years- Hi Doc Dean! Been collecting and researching for probably over 10 years, its kinda fuzzy at this point as to when it all began. I used to be heavily into medical corps collecting and reenacting but became disgusted with others doing the impression and generally lost interest. I worked in EMS for 5 years, the longer I worked, the less I wanted to have anythigng to do with bringing my job into the hobby, so I quit doing Medic. Theres not a whole lot that would bring me back to doing the impression at this point, but its kinda fun to share my research and collection that I amassed over the years.

Chris-
www.90thidpg.us 90th Infantry Divsion Preservation Group - Research, Manuals, Articles, How To's and Living History

littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:51

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum. There are alot of us running around here and lurking. It will be great to get some insight from you as well.
Sincerely,
-Lisa

Ben
Major
Major

Thu Dec 18, 2008 00:45

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Forum! I am sorry to learn that you're no longer portraying medical personnel, but as Lisa has said, I hope that you can share some interesting information and research with us.

Thanks,
Ben :D
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Chris G
Private

Thu Dec 18, 2008 03:06

Its refreshing to see what has been done in the past short few years here - greatly expanding up on Dave Steinert's site as one of the few difinitive reference sites on the net. I just wish there were more passionate individuals such as yourselves locally to work with. I got burned by the "paint a red cross on it" and "just carry a musette bag" or "I absolutley do not need to know or have any medical knowledge" syndrome that often goes on with medical reenactors.

Thanks for setting up this site and building this community.

Chris-
www.90thidpg.us 90th Infantry Divsion Preservation Group - Research, Manuals, Articles, How To's and Living History

Alain
Major
Major

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22

Hi Chris,
Welcome to this Forum ! We hope to hear and read more from you in the future ...
When you refer to Dave Steinert's era, I realize this was a long time ago. Dave and I started discussing the 'medical' aspect of WW2 back in 2001, and then gradually built the website "World War II Combat Medic". It achieved quite a reputation at the time and became very popular too (being the only website dealing with the US Medical Department in WW2). Unfortunately Dave's professional life got a bit in the way, and later when he handed over the website to a third party (webmaster, design, maintenance, updating) we lost control. Those guys never seemed to have time to implement amendments, corrections, add new articles, etc. In the end it almost became a burden, and Dave and I both got frustrated and 'separated' in 2005! As I was the major contributor (articles & pictures), its contents became the foundation for a new project : the WW2 US MRC, which I am proud to say runs on a very professional basis, thanks to my partner Ben.
Alain :)
MRC Administrator

Chris G
Private

Thu Dec 18, 2008 18:58

Alain-

Thanks for the welcome. Additionally, thank you for your help and inspiration over the years through the "Stinert"/ WW2 Combat Medic site. It was an invalueable resource to me as I began my research. Thanks for sharing your research and experiences on the web for the past many years - its been an inspiration.

Chris-

Return to “Introduce Yourself”