JBSaxon
Corporal
Corporal

Hello from ETO

Sun Sep 06, 2009 13:01

Hello out there!

I am a Living Historian from the Rhineland area,Germany.
For more than 25 years American history fulfills my spare time. Several periods between 1870 and 1945 are my special interest.
Since 5 years I am into WW2 now. Starting with an USAAF collection I also went on to collect original stuff for an US infantry impression. Now, as I am a member in an Airborne Demonstration Team and earned my jump wings, I put my focus on getting a nice Airborne outfit also.
A comrade of my ADT sold me an original plasma bottle lately. After doing researches on those bottles I read lots of interesting things about WW2 medics and equipment (especially here). Getting the bottle was the initial moment that I decided to expand my Airborne collection for an Airborne Medic impression.

Greetings
J.B.

Skypig
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hello from ETO

Sun Sep 06, 2009 22:37

I spent three years in Mainz. I love Germany, what a great country. I can't wait to come back and visit. Where are you? Mike

Alain
Major
Major

Mon Sep 07, 2009 14:36

Hi J.B.
Welcome to this Forum !
I hope you'll have a great time browsing through our webpages . Don't hesitate to use the Forum ... it's at your disposal .
All the best ,
Alain S. Batens :wink:
MRC Administrator

JBSaxon
Corporal
Corporal

Wed Sep 09, 2009 17:52

Hi chaps,
thank you for the warm welcome!

Skypig: I am from Duesseldorf area and happy about reaching many major battle grounds within an hour or two, Arnhem, Huergten, Bastogne and Remagen for example. I am happy that you like my country. It is a pity that I have never been at yours...

Alain: I need to tell you, that you and Ben did an outstanding job - accompanied by many knowledgeable forum members. I tried to find other equal sources, but I am always getting back to this site. Today I have to admit, that I nearly oversaw the medic as an important part of the war and the more I do my research the more I guess that the airborne medic will become my main impression.

I´ll be back 8)

Cheers,
J.B.

Ben
Major
Major

Wed Sep 09, 2009 19:48

Welcome to the 'gang' J.B.!
Thanks for your very kind words about our website, indeed that is one of the main reasons we started the site - to ensure that the role played by the combat medics and other personnel of the Medical Department was not forgotten or overshadowed by their infantry counterparts. I am glad that you like the site and find it useful, and hopefully the Forum and its members will prove a good resource for putting together your Airborne Medical impression.
Kind regards, and good luck!
Ben 8)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

sgtpeter
Captain
Captain

Thu Sep 10, 2009 01:16

Willkommen im Forum JB. If you have any questions, post it on this forum and we'll try to get the answers for you.
Peter

'43 Dodge WC54
piles of smelly green stuff
a couple of band-aids

Return to “Introduce Yourself”