oniriggers
Private

Hello From Boston

Wed Jan 20, 2010 23:25

Hey so im new to the boards, my name is Adam and i currently live outside of Boston, MA and im interested in becoming a reenactor, more importantly a WW2 US Army Medic. I have a medical background, i work as an EMT, so that would help my impression right?.

MY dad's uncle was a army medic during WW2, he served in the 9th Armored Division in the 2nd Armored Medical Battalion? Does anyone have any info on that Battalion? Anyways i have a wooden ammo crate full of his paperworks, magazines, pretty much everything he could store in it. It even has some German items in it like an Iron Cross and The Cross of Honor 1914-1918 with crossed swords. The one thing that is really cool is that his Red Cross armband and rank chevrons are there. I have a story about my Great Uncle i will post later. its really interesting

So im happy i found this forum, Does anyone have any leads on Units up here around Boston?
Thanks

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Hello From Boston

Thu Jan 21, 2010 23:43

Welcome aboard to the gang, Adam.

I am sure that you will enjoy your time here and that the community will be able to assist with your questions and queries relating to the 2d Armored Medical Battalion. There are also lots of American members on the Forum, whom I'm sure will be able to help you with locating a unit for your impression.

Thanks,
Ben 8)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Skypig
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hello From Boston

Mon Jan 25, 2010 04:56

Love Boston. I was just there for my anniversary. Great city. Welcome to the forum. Mike

Return to “Introduce Yourself”