Josephc
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hello from Upstate NY

Tue Jan 26, 2010 00:37

My name is Joe and I joined due to my interest in WWII ETO. This comes out of my desire to learn more of my grandfather and great uncles' service during WWII. My grandfather was in the 7th armored as a driver in the 87th cavalry mechanized reconnaisance. His brother inlaws were John LaMonica who was in an amphibious engineer division in Pacific and Joseph LaMonica who was a medic in the 8th Infantry Division 121st Infantry regiment. I have a number of documents from Uncle Joey and my grandfather. It is Joey's service as a medic that primarily brought me to this site.

What section of the forum would docs and photos best be posted?

I think some of the paperwork will be beneficial to others here since names and units are listed for many personnel including many medics.

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Hello from Upstate NY

Tue Jan 26, 2010 17:17

Hi Joseph,
Firstly, allow me to welcome you to the MRC Forum. I hope that you will enjoy your time here and find it a useful resource for your research.
Your post highlighted to me that we did not have a specific area for the discussion of Medical Veterans or indeed specific Units. I have now rectified the problem, and may I suggest that you post the documents and photographs in the following area:

Veterans & Units

I look forward to seeing the documents that you're so kindly willing to share with our Forum.
Thank you and regards,
Ben ;)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Josephc
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wed Jan 27, 2010 06:37

Thank you Ben - I tried to access the section and get the following message -

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

I also want to thank you for some past help you gave me regarding which piping and dui my uncle would have worn as a medic in the 8th infantry division; not sure if you recall our emails but thanks again.

When I can access the newly created forum section I will try to attach some docs.

The good conduct docs are for the 179th medical battalion including the 617th medical clearing company (which my uncle became associated with in May 1945 - not sure how that happened), 452nd medical collecting company, 464th medical collecting co, 474th medical collecting co and 590th motor ambulance company.

The bronze star docs including my uncle Joey LaMonica's extract is for the medical department, medical detachment, 121st infantry regiment.

Ben
Major
Major

Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:34

Hi Joseph,
I do indeed remember our email exchange, and am glad that you find the answers of use.
I have updated the Forum now, and you should be able to access it and post the documents there.
Thank you,
Ben ;)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Return to “Introduce Yourself”