Dave.Estill
Private

Hello from Arizona USA

Tue Nov 23, 2010 09:09

My father was a Quartermaster officer in the 28th and then 58th General Hopitals. I have his full personnel file starting with draft notice until he was discharged. He was stationed near Tidworth UK, Le Mans FR, Namur BE and Munich GE. I would appreciate any information anyone has about these two units.
Regards,
Dave Estill

Alain
Major
Major

Re: Hello from Arizona USA

Wed Nov 24, 2010 20:17

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the MRC Forum. I hope you'll enjoy your stay with the bunch here ...
As far as your Dad's records are concerned, I duly noted he served with both the 28th General and the 58th General Hospitals in the E.T.O.
We unfortunately have not much on both units except that the 28th GH served in Britain, France, and Belgium (at Liège), and that the 58th GH was affiliated with the Western Pennsylvania Hospital (in Pittsburgh), where it was activated 15 Jan 43, affter which it embarked for England on 8 Oct 43. It subsequently served in Britain in France.
I wonder whether you could provide us with some data relating to your Dad's different moves as a member of the two medical units, for that might help us add some precious data to our Military Hospitals List (see Articles > WW2 Military Hospitals in the European Theater of Operations).
We sometimes have to rely on outside help to complete and/or update our lists, any help is always appreciated, and the necessary credits are always given.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
(if preferable you can always e-mail data as a PM to alain.batens@telenet.be)
All the best,
Ala(i)n :wink:
MRC Administrator

sgtpeter
Captain
Captain

Re: Hello from Arizona USA

Tue Nov 30, 2010 05:55

Hi Dave -

Just wanted to add my welcome to the forum. Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Peter
Peter

'43 Dodge WC54
piles of smelly green stuff
a couple of band-aids

Return to “Introduce Yourself”