Page 1 of 1

What is this surgical instrument?

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 23:58
by Doc1911
This instrument is in my grandfather's USN pocket surgical kit from WW2. It is shaped like a shepherd's crook and has an eyelet at the curved in that looks like it supposed to be a ligature carrier. Does anyone know for certain what it is called and what it's intended use is?



Re: What is this surgical instrument?

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 21:32
by medicall
Hello Doc 1911, this instrument is a Cooper needle for ligature of vessels, and the hand grooved director is used for exploring the wounds.
If you want some more, you can tell me on Personnal Message;