littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

[REF] Syringe's

Mon Sep 22, 2008 21:29

Hello All,
Can someone please post a photo of the WWII syringe's? Also if I found surgical equipment that was unopened but dated '52-'54 would it be the same as WWII if it were open and out of the pack?
Sincerely,
-Lisa

Ben
Major
Major

Mon Sep 22, 2008 22:59

Hi Lisa,

All of mine are packed away in my MD 2 Chest at the moment. Since I will have access to them this coming weekend at a re-enactment event, I will be sure to take some photographs of same and post them here for reference.

With regard to the opening of post-war dated items, this really depends upon the item itself. If you could indicate the nomenclature of the item, this would certainly help in stating if it would be correct once removed from it's post-war emblemed packet. Of course though, one can never be 100% confident until the item is out of the packaging!

Thanks,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

martyn
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Mon Sep 22, 2008 23:35

Hi Lisa

Here are a few in my collection.

Here are 3 x 2 cc, 1 x 5 cc and 1 x 10 cc all marked "Property of the U.S."

The set below is MD USN as used by US Navy Corpsmen

Martyn

littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Sep 23, 2008 02:50

Thanks Martyn,
That was of great help.. As far as the surgical instruments, they are mainly scissors, and forceps. My husband and I recently met another active duty soldier who was able to pick up several boxes of WWII and post WWII unopened medical equipment that the Army was just going to dump off into a fill site, as it is no longer usuable to them. WAY TO MUCH to list on this forum. He has been generous enough to allow me to go through it and choose whatever I want and make him an offer on it all. Some of the items are the 1943 sutures in the glass tubes, still in the original box, many tourniquets, bandages, & brand new (old) litters unopened out of the crate, etc....I cannot even begin to list it all here, as I only got to spend 2 hours going through 1/4 of his collected goods. I will keep you posted over the next few weeks to see if he will be willing to offer any of it up for sale here.
Thanks,
-Lisa

martyn
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Tue Sep 23, 2008 08:14

Hi Lisa

Glad to be of help.

I would be very interested in any sugical instruments stamped MD USN and also any items marked with a USN stock number such as Stock No. 2-395 ( Battle Dressing Small).

Enjoy yourself going through those crates

Cheers

Martyn

Ben
Major
Major

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:05

Hi Lisa,

This certainly sounds very exciting indeed, and I'd be very interested if you would kindly keep us posted. If it is possible, I would also like to see some photographs of the Litters that you have managed to secure.

Martyn has already posted up a number of the syringes which are also in my collection, but I will photograph some extras for you next weekend. As an aside, the woolen maroon case that is shown in Martyn's second picture is also available in green, brown and an off-grey colour too!

Thanks,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

littlelotte
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Sep 23, 2008 13:27

I will try and take some pics of his stuff, once I meet with him again. When Tim has some time, he and I will go back over in the next few weeks.
Thanks,
Lisa

Ben
Major
Major

Tue Sep 23, 2008 15:24

Thanks Lisa,
Kindly keep me posted on how things will develop here, and I am very interested to see some photographs of the items!
Ben ;)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

Return to “Reference Topics”