Ben
Major
Major

Re: [REF] Morphine syrettes

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:34

Indeed!

Looks like his box didn't sell, so I suppose he over-estimated the selling price, even for the eBay market and the 'impulse buying' that often occurs.

Regards,
Ben.
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Bob M

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:56

Ben wrote:Indeed!

Looks like his box didn't sell, so I suppose he over-estimated the selling price, even for the eBay market and the 'impulse buying' that often occurs.

Regards,
Ben.

the seller sells a whole lot of crap lately. Every bandage made between 1940's and 1980's he currently lists as WW2 made, and probably he knows he's selling crap...

Bob M

Tue Aug 02, 2011 13:38

I'am able to purchase this 5 tube Morphine Tartrate set. In my opinion this is an original set, but I can always use some more opinions. :mrgreen:

thanks!
Bob
Attachments
IMG_0328.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG

milsurvive
Corporal
Corporal

Thu Aug 04, 2011 07:08

I'm glad you posted this set. At first glance this looks 100 per cent original but I have some concerns. I have a similar set I recently purchased off of everyones favorite web auction house. The control number was pretty much obliterated but it was not one of Bens repo boxes. The fragments that remain might be the same as yours. It was sold as a repo set but I purchased it as it looked original and I wanted to examine them. After I received the syrettes I contacted the seller to enquire what the story was as they looked so authentic. He stated he won them at a storage container auction and believed them to be real but had auctioned them off on a Buy it Now as repros so they would not get pulled. He would not give me any more info. The auction was pulled after my purchase. My box had the rub marks like yours inside from the syrettes and was moderately worn on the outside. The syrette plungers have a round end rather then triangular and I don't believe I have seen that before. Mine are round also. My box does not have the Tax stamp. When you handle this in person they look original but I just don't know. Maybe we can get some more input on this.

KevinS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:02

You can have round metal wire loops and triangular metal wire loops. The end differences were just due to differences in manufacturing.

Ben
Major
Major

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20

Hi guys,

For me, this item is an original piece. As Kevin has already indicated, it is possible to find Syrettes with both shapes of plunger ends (please see the photograph below which was made from two originals in my collection):

Thanks,
Ben.
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Bob M

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:25

Ben, appreciate your info. I do also have both versions of the syrette in my collection. They also have the same red color variation, though made by the same company.

milsurvive
Corporal
Corporal

Thu Aug 04, 2011 22:31

Good, I hope they are original. If other boxes turn up with the same control number we might have to study these further....

Return to “Reference Topics”