horsaglider
Private

Submitting posts to the forum

Sun Aug 31, 2014 21:47

I am a new member and am trying to submit a post which contains an image. Two problems:

1) How do I find a saved Draft of a post in order to edit it?

2) While trying to include an image within my post, it seems that all I can do is have the URL of the image included. The image is coming from Photobucket. I am using the "insert image" icon but can't seem to get the photo in the post.

Thanks for any help.

Charles

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Submitting posts to the forum

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01

Charles,

Thank you for your message, and sorry to learn that you're experiencing some difficulties in using our site. I will try to address your questions in the order that you have asked them.

1) When you save a post to your Drafts folder, it can be found by navigating to the User Control Panel in the Forum navigation, and then selecting 'Manage Drafts' from the sidebar. I have included two screenshots below that will hopefully assist with your question,

2) There are two ways of adding images to the Forum. You can 'hot-link' to an image that exists on another server by using the [ img ] shortcode (without spaces). For example, I could link to a PhotoBucket image using the following (removing the spaces between the squared brackets):

[ img ]http://photobucket.com/my-photo.jpg[ /img ]

Alternatively, you can upload files directly to our Forum. This can be done when posting a new topic, or replying to an existing one. Underneath the post action buttons (such as "Load draft", "Save draft", etc.) you will see a tab view. Click on Upload attachment, and then find the file on your computer. Again, here follow a screenshot to assist you.

In case you should have any additional questions or queries, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Kind regards,
Ben.
Attachments
screen3.png
screen2.png
screen1.png
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

horsaglider
Private

Re: Submitting posts to the forum

Sun Sep 14, 2014 16:28

Thanks for the advice, Ben. Your tips should help. Things are sort of upside down here right now. We are in the midst of a kitchen renovation and the house is a disaster. However, over the next few days I will put together a brief introduction of myself and try to explain what I am seeking to accomplish.

Thanks again,

Charles

Return to “Forum Technical Support”