1) Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
2) Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
3) Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
4) Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
5) Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
6) Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
7) Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
8 ) Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Getting a TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup", etc.
9) Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
10) Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
11) Members are asked to not disclose to any 3rd party, board, or list any vulnerabilities in phpBB before first notifying the developers. You should submit all finds to our security tracker. Time should be allowed for us, at least 3 working days wherever possible, to respond.
12) The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
13) The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
Classified Section Rules:
1) All items must be 100% as described or photographed in the post. If it found that the seller has used misleading or ambiguous descriptions / photographs of their item, it could result in a report to PayPal (if this was the payment method chosen) and expulsion from the Forum.
2) All listings in the For Sale section must feature a list price, although an indication for "nearest offer" may also be added. Any listing which does not have a list price will be removed until such a time that the seller is able to provide a selling price for his item. This is to prevent the Forum from being used to encourage a bidding war for an item.
3) Comments will not be passed on a user's asking price. Any posts which are not directly related to the transaction will be immediately deleted, an a warning issued to the offending member.
4) Links to eBay auctions are permitted, regardless of whether the posting member is the auction's seller. However, in accordance with eBay's policy no member should attempt to contact the seller through this board to end the sale early or outside the scope of eBay. Offending members will be issued with a warning.
Continuous breaking of Forum rules will result in reprimand. This usually takes the form a written warning issued by a member of the Forum's management team. Once a member obtains three warnings, their account will be suspended for an appropriate period, based upon their activity log. After this period, the three warnings will be removed from a user's profile and all previous reprimands cleared.
Further breaking of Forum rules will result in additional warnings. Once a user's account receives more than 5 warnings, their account will be closed indefinitely. A user can appeal against any warning, but this must be done to the entire Management Team via Private Message.