Akko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Medical bag repro items

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:14

Hi guys,

this year (within less than 3 weeks) I will start reenacting my medical impression.
There's only 1 little problem, I'm complete but the medical bags which I bought don't have the extra attachment which is on the ring
Does someone knows where I can find some? (Need 4 of them)

Thanks!

Alain
Major
Major

Re: Medical bag repro items

Fri Apr 06, 2012 06:40

Hi Nicolas,

The snap hooks you mention are very difficult to find, I've never seen any being offered as 'spares'. Because of their special shape, they remain quite unique, and transforming regular snap hooks (as used on haversacks, musettes, and suspenders) proves to be quite difficult, if not impossible ...

Sorry to disappoint you pal.
Good luck with your further search.

Regards,
Alain :mrgreen:
MRC Administrator

JBSaxon
Corporal
Corporal

Mon Apr 23, 2012 20:25

Well Akko and guys, I had the same problem on one missing snap. I also was desperately searching for a spare snap, but unfortunately didn´t find one until today. Finally I found a nice substitute - a bit expensive, but as I think a nice alternative:
The ebay store SUZY'S SURPLUS is selling an item "US 45 PISTOL LANYARD UNDATED EACH E4209"
www.ebay.com/itm/US-45-PISTOL-LANYARD-U ... 484169830a
The hook at these lanyards doesn´t have an open ring and it is a bit tricky to assemble it to the pouch, but it is worth it.
Allthough I hate to destroy old stuff, I cut the line off and used it to do a repair job on my backpack.
Just 2 flies with one struck.

PAdoc
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed Apr 25, 2012 03:06

These are indeed a problem because almost every repro bag lacks them. A very close replica is available however. Koch Industries makes a "Swivel Open Eye Spring Snap", their part number 2040063. The bar code on the tag is 19961 44637. There are several sizes but you want the 2.5" one. These look almost exactly like the original. They are zinc plated and will take a nice blue/black color with a cold process gun blue, such as Birchwood Casey "Super Blue". They sell here in the US for about $2.00 for a package of 2. Not every US hardware store stocks them, but I have found them in Coastal Farm Stores. The medic bag just doesn't look or function properly without them.
Dirk

Andrewb
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Thu Apr 26, 2012 02:02

Hi Dirk

Thanks for the information on the snap hooks. I also have been looking for a while for a way to complete my repro medic bags. I will try and get hold of these.

Andrew

Akko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sun Apr 29, 2012 18:47

Thanks for the reply Dirk!
It helps a lot! But I can't find them in Belgium stores...
Is it possible for someone in the US to buy these for me?? I only need 2 pairs of them...
I'm willing to pay the double :wink:

Return to “Re-Enactment General”