medic_44
Private First Class
Private First Class

us medic full gear set up

Wed May 02, 2012 23:02

Hello,

So I have full gear: two medic bags, yokes, two canteens, one medical pouch with carlisle bandage, an axe with pouch and a haversack. I know how to set up a gear without haversack but for D Day landing impression I would like to use it too. Should I skip yokes and mount two medic bags directly to the web belt? If so, canteens should be moved back as far as possible, right? Any suggestion, please? :)
Thanks

Alain
Major
Major

Re: us medic full gear set up

Thu May 03, 2012 10:27

Hi Wojtek,

Thanks for your message.
I know it's not that simple - and I would recommend to do this with assistance from another person ... maybe you'll have to practise it a few times before it looks correct and feels comfortable.

The information is available in one of our Articles > Point 2. Medical Items > Subheading XV. TR 405-95. The document also refers to the combined wear of haversack and medical equipment.

Good luck,
Alain :)
MRC Administrator

medic_44
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: us medic full gear set up

Mon May 07, 2012 10:38

Hi Alain,

Let me know on priv what have you seen in Poland :)

I've seen the manual you are reffering to, but my biggest concern is such set up with a waterproof gas mask bag placed on the chest makes the medic bags unaccesable. I've found a picture on your web site where medic bags hang on the sides of medics, not on the chest, which is against the rules, I guess :)
http://www.med-dept.com/gallery/image.php?id=304

still confused :)
Wojtek

Return to “Re-Enactment General”