Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Tue May 15, 2007 02:37

Alain,

My first 12-Unit missing some items though. I hope it might help!

It is a gas casualties kit with the "For Gas Casualties Only" painted over. I cannot find any maker's marks anywhere. The units only have the printing visible with an exact repeat on the other side. Hope it helps!

TM

Alain
Major
Major

Tue May 15, 2007 09:23

Hi TM,
Thanks for the illustrations . Everything helps, for sure ! I noted there's no indication of the Manufacturer on the Instructions Sheet .
A pity though, someone's covered part of the text on the cover - shouldn't it be fun to restore it ... ?
Thanks,
Best regards,
Alain (MRC)

Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Tue May 15, 2007 16:00

Alain,

Actually I was planning on doing exactly that! The interior of the 12-Unit is perfect and the exterior is in really good condition except for the fudged up paintover. So, I was planning on restoring the exterior cover. Unfortunately, to do it right, I will have to remove the remaining markings though or it will never look right. Additionally, I was planning on making some blank boxes to fill in for the missing pieces since they are very simple and I have some good masters to go from! I will post pics when finished for sure!
TM

Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed May 16, 2007 03:14

Alain,

I think I meet need some help with this kit. Although the stock number is for the gas casualties kit (as well as the paint over), the inside label indicates a 12-Unit kit. Thinking about it today though, the gas kit was not a 12-Unit was it? Also, there does not seem to be any contents that would make it a gas kit. It appears that this kit was either reworked or it was modified to a 12-Unit before issued as a gas kit or shortly there after. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
TM

Alain
Major
Major

12-Unit F-A Kit

Wed May 16, 2007 07:50

Todd,
The Instructions Sheet of your Kit indeed indicates a std. 12-Unit First-Aid Kit .
The Cover Markings (incomplete) designate a 12-Unit Gas Casualty First-Aid Kit (second pattern, i.e. OD with black markings), but it needs another Instructions Sheet listing the different contents .
I'll mail you a scan of subject Instructions if this can help - pls let me have your personal e-mail address .
Regards,
Alain (MRC) :D

Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed May 16, 2007 16:21

PM sent!
TM

Return to “Articles and Links of Interest”