Believerds
Private

WW2 Chaplain/Communion Kit

Wed Mar 23, 2011 17:34

Hello Gents,

I am a WW2 Airborne Chaplain as part of a living history group or a reenactor. I am looking to purchase a WW2 Chaplain/Communion Kit for my impression with my reenactor unit. I'm also looking to find any items related to a typical WW2 Chaplain that I can use for display. I appreciate any and all help and ideas!

Godspeed,

David T Savoie
10 Westland Avenue
Saugus, MA 01906

Company Chaplain
82nd Airborne, 505th RCT
Reenacted

TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Re: WW2 Chaplain/Communion Kit

Mon Apr 04, 2011 02:50

David:

I also reenact an Army Chaplain, and have reproduced a few of the items you may be interested in. I do NOT have a Chaplain's kit available at this time, but have offered the following in the past:

USO Serviceman's Religious Kit (Jewish, Protestant and Catholic) - outer envelope only
BOS devices in sterling silver (cross or tablets)
Chaplain's stole (Christian only at this time)
Chaplain's flag (Christian only at this time)
Army & Navy Chaplain's Association membership card
Chaplain's School t-shirts and sweatshirts, for both early war (Ft Ben) and mid- to late-war (Harvard) locations

If any of these would be of interest, please contact me at TenthA86@q.com, and I will endeavor to assist you. I do have a few Post Chapel items available also - offering plates, altar cross, etc.
David J. Little

President, Tenth Mountain Division Living History Display Group
Secretary, Tenth Mountain Division Foundation
Board Member, Tenth Mountain Resource Center
Past Webmaster, National Association of the Tenth Mountain Division

Believerds
Private

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:41

Hello,

I am definitely interested in any and all of what you have to sell. Could you give me some prices and possibly some pictures in reference to what you have? You can send the prices to: DavidTSavoie@gmail.com

Godspeed,

David

Ranger-Cpt
Corporal
Corporal

Sun Jun 12, 2011 15:48

I've sent you an email David on the off chance that you may be able to help us out.

Regards!
Dale........
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

www.N44.co.uk

TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Sun Jul 10, 2011 16:21

David, et al.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a9t6zu2t9w402ho Here's a pdf of the Chaplain's song book (Hymns from Home) that was used in the field as an option to the "Songs for Ship & Field". It was printed in '43 & '44 and given away by the Chaplain, as well as packed in emergency equipment (life rafts, etc). It's set up to copy double-sided & trim the bottom inch off. Feel free to use it as you see fit.

I'm working on a pdf of the Certificate of Completion for the Chaplain School at Harvard ('42 through '44). I'll make it available when I finish it.

Here's another reference for all you Chaplain collectors out there: http://www.mediafire.com/?nldtcsx3v2c2son It's a pdf of the book on the US Army Chaplaincy before and during WWII. Well worth reading if you want to know about the trials and tribulations before and during the War, and details about the school, etc. Great info if you want to get the details right. It is short on the artifacts, but long on philosophy & history.

One last link: http://www.mediafire.com/?286x6igc0pwf29g Here is the 4 week curriculum that a Chaplain went through in 1943. This is the short course - it was extended to a 5 then 6 week course. Post-war, it became a 3 month program.

I'd really like to get a copy or pdf of the WWII Chaplains Manual. I have the post war version...
David J. Little

President, Tenth Mountain Division Living History Display Group
Secretary, Tenth Mountain Division Foundation
Board Member, Tenth Mountain Resource Center
Past Webmaster, National Association of the Tenth Mountain Division

Return to “Wanted”