2ad82recon

WTB "Blood Bank" Mermite Tin and Blanket Bags

Sun Sep 30, 2007 14:04

Hi guys has any one out there got a lead on a Mermite can for a Blood Bank and also any leads on Medical Blanket Bags for my partner Michelles WW2 ANC Field Hospital Display...also any other items considered but the priority is a Mermite Can and Blanket Bags.... :o

Many thanks

Lloyd and Michelle

Ben
Major
Major

Sun Sep 30, 2007 23:06

Hello Lloyd and Michelle, and welcome to the forum :)

Marmites here in the UK seem to be somewhat few and far between, and I have never seen one for sale here in the UK (only in France, I think). If anyone knows of a source though, I would be most interested, too.

Which Blanket Set are you looking for? The "Large" one (for 24 OD Blankets) or the "Small" version (which holds 8 OD Blankets).

Thanks, and welcome to the community again,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

2ad82recon

Hi Ben

Sun Sep 30, 2007 23:20

Hi Ben thanks for the reply...one of each Blanket Bag would be great...i did have a couple of the Large ones before i sold all my medical stuff..... :cry: to concentrate on US WW2 Armored/Cavalry ..then got divorced..met Michelle who re enacts a WW2 US ANC Field Nurse....and guess what....YEP want to enhance her collection and get all the medical stuff back.. :oops:

Any leads appreciated

Regards

Lloyd

Ben
Major
Major

Sun Sep 30, 2007 23:25

I'll have a look through my Blanket Bags, and see if there are any that I could let you have. I'm a bit short on the Small ones, but I'll let you know.

I'm afraid on the Marmites, I'm stumped!

Regards,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

2ad82recon

I Would

Sun Sep 30, 2007 23:57

I would appreciate that mate...many many thanks...dont feel compelled to sell if you dont want to.

Thanks Ben...hope you enjoy the pictures

Regards

Lloyd

Ben
Major
Major

Mon Oct 01, 2007 22:19

Hi Lloyd,

I've had a look through, and can't really spare a Blanket Bag at the moment. I've got my feelers out though, and will let you know if anything turns up.

Cheers for sending over the images by the way. I have sent you a series of replies, look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Regards,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

2ad82recon

Absolutley

Mon Oct 01, 2007 23:33

Absolutley no problem at all Ben thanks for looking for me.

Would appreciate any help or location of these items and also thank you for the compliments on the photos i sent.

Appreciate the feedback and the "welcome"

regards

Lloyd and Michelle

2ad82recon

Spotted these on EBay.....

Tue Oct 02, 2007 22:23

eBay Blanket Bag

Does the seller frequent this forum ????................... 8)

Please say yes ?

Regards

Lloyd (2ad82recon)

Ben
Major
Major

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13

Hi Lloyd,

The seller of the Blanker Bag, and the various other medical items (check his other items) is indeed a frequent visitor and member of the forum. His alias on here is "Firetoad", and you can see some of his collection in the link below:

Todd's Collection

Just a word of warning though, I noted on the eBay listing he said:

tmetzifre wrote:Sorry, due to size, no overseas shipping!

Perhaps you've already sorted something out with Todd, but if not I thought I'd better point it out.

Thanks, and good luck with the auction,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

2ad82recon

ARRRRRGGHH

Fri Oct 05, 2007 00:34

Thanks Ben for that...nope didnt see that small but vitally important bit of the auction advertisement..... :cry:

Looks like i am gonna have one hell of a shipping bill......as i DO want the items....especially the bag for Michelles display

see its marked up as 803th...thats actually the 803rd Tank Battalion...(803TK)...very nice

Regards

Lloyd

Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Sat Oct 06, 2007 01:53

Hi all, it is me on the Ebay listings. I have put up some items of my collection on Ebay to free up some cash to be down right honest with everyone. Three mouths to feed take precedence over an extensive WWII collection at this time.

Lloyd, I am easy enough to work with in my sales, so I am sure we can work something out. I put the no overseas shipping because my methods of shipping will not allow the weight I am pretty sure. I can do a little more research and see if it can be for sure or not. But, worst case, I can split the blanket set into two different shipments. Yes, the shipping bill will be high, but can't think of anything better at this moment. Best of luck!
TM

2ad82recon

Hey Todd

Sat Oct 06, 2007 03:17

:D

Guess "Doofus" here should have read the whole ad first...Thanks so much for the forum reply.

Payment and 100% sale assured on these items Todd as i want to expand my partner Michelles WW2 ANC Field Nurses display.

I will bid higher as i want the bag and if the blankets are part of the sale so be it.

Appreciate you taking time to come back to me and yes buddy we CAN work something out.

Regards

Lloyd and Michelle

martyn
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Mon Oct 22, 2007 13:52

Ben/Lloyd

Marmite cans for sale here

http://www.aefsupply.com/ww2.htm

http://www.aefsupply.com/marmite.jpg

Don't know if they are the type you are looking for though :wink:

Cheers