Skypig
Sergeant
Sergeant

Case, Instrument, Medical Officer's, Complete

Thu Sep 11, 2008 23:46

Looking to buy. Anyone have an extra laying around they would like to part with? Does anyone know of any for sale? Thank you.

As seen on the bottom of this page. http://www.med-dept.com/personnel_kits.php

Ben
Major
Major

Thu Sep 11, 2008 23:59

Hi Skypig,
Are you looking for an example that is complete with all instruments and extra items? These are certainly becoming more difficult to source now. I do know of a source that has empty cases (mfg. by Superior Surgical), but they are in France, and do not use the internet...
Perhaps the most difficult part of this kit to source is the small metal bistoury holder in blackened steel.
You may find one on eBay, since they appear on there from time to time, so I would recommend just keeping an eye on that. I will of course look around at the numerous militaria shows here in the UK for you too...
Thanks,
Ben 8)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Skypig
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Sep 12, 2008 00:06

A complete kit would be ideal, but if I have to start with an empty case and piece it together, I will. Do you have contact info for the manufacturer in France? Thanks for your quick reply. Mike

Ben
Major
Major

Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:28

Mike,
The seller's details are as follows. I know that he had a stock of them last June when Alain and I visited his store in Quinéville, but whether he still has stocks of them is another question!

Address:
9, avenue de la plage
50310 Quinéville

Tel / Fax:

If you're really having difficulty finding one of these items, I might have a spare example in my collection. Kindly let me know how things go with Arnoux at the QMC.
Thanks,
Ben :D
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Return to “Wanted”