tractor
Private First Class
Private First Class

medic bags

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:09

Well sold some of my dodge stuff now looking for medic bags and contents. I plan on getting a ww2 impressions suspenders and want to find original bags in good to excellent shape. I have the pill vials already.

GauzeBandage
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mon Dec 15, 2008 22:35

I do not have them to sell but I can tell you Bayonet Inc has the best, most inexpensive Bags on the market. I have the Medic 'Yoke' if you need it. PM me if you do.

http://www.bayonetinc.com/store/categor ... page2.html

-Nick
Technician 5th Grade, 3rd Infantry Division
WWII Airsoft Association

Combat Record
- Mignano Gap, Italy (2008)

tractor
Private First Class
Private First Class

Tue Dec 16, 2008 04:27

None of the reproductions are close to originals in some ways. Thats why I want originals . WWII Impressions make the best and cheapest yokes right now.
http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Review ... index.html

Ben
Major
Major

Tue Dec 16, 2008 21:11

Hi Tractor,

My personal advice here is that if these bags are only going to be used for a personal impression and display purposes, you might as well try and save your money and invest in a pair of originals. They do come up from time to time, and you can pick them up in relatively good condition.

I know that Kevin M has a pair of the suspenders listed on eBay at the moment, and I dare say that if you try contacting him, he'll have some bags for you too. Here's the link to his eBay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-WWII-U-S-M ... 0275906504

Purchasing original Suspenders and Pouches has a number of advantages over reproductions. Firstly, they're accurate, and I dare say they're certainly a lot more durable than the modern examples.

Hope this helps with your search,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

GauzeBandage
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Dec 16, 2008 21:29

[quote="tractor"]WWII Impressions make the best and cheapest yokes right now.
[/quote]

They are $55.00, Bayonet Inc's are 35.

WWII Airsoft Association

Combat Record

Chris G
Private

Wed Dec 17, 2008 20:52

Mark-

Like weve discussed in the past, Originals are the way to go, its just a pain in the butt to find them for the "right price"

Ben-
Right on!

Nick-
Why do you think that they bayonet inc ones are the best? Price? Construction? Materials? Color? Pattern? Details would be helpful.

Regards
Chris-
www.90thidpg.us 90th Infantry Divsion Preservation Group - Research, Manuals, Articles, How To's and Living History

GauzeBandage
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed Dec 17, 2008 22:18

[quote="Chris G"]
Nick-
Why do you think that they bayonet inc ones are the best? Price? Construction? Materials? Color? Pattern? Details would be helpful.

Regards
Chris-[/quote]

Well, lets start out with their price. Cheap and excellent. Their shipping is fast and inexpensive as well. The color of the bag is right, always good and the canvas they use is exactly identical except for the age that the orginal has.

WWII Airsoft Association

Combat Record

Chris G
Private

Thu Dec 18, 2008 03:18

Nick-

Thanks for the info. I'll have to re-evaluate the Bayonet Inc yokes sometime or check around to see if anyone I know has purchased one recently. If I remember correctly, the pattern was overall correct, where many others had failed, but it did have some shortcomings. The last time I saw one, 2 years ago, I did not particularly care for the coarseness of the cotton duck field nor the color of materials involved. I cannot remember if the 1 inch type 3 webbing used on the straps was Shuttle or Needle loomed, but I do seem to think it was Needle loomed which is incorrect - but that's a totally different level of detail...

The old WWII Impressions ones, made by American Patrol Co were particularly bad, but the new ones made by WWII Impresions are quite convincing, to the point where - with some aging and wear, could potentially fool the novice collector.

Thanks for the heads up on the Bayonet inc ones. I'll try and track one down for evaluation in the next few months. I'll see if one shows up at FIG in January.

Chris-
www.90thidpg.us 90th Infantry Divsion Preservation Group - Research, Manuals, Articles, How To's and Living History

GauzeBandage
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Dec 18, 2008 21:13

I have a yoke again...

WWII Airsoft Association

Combat Record

ANR2
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Jan 23, 2009 23:22

anyone looking for original medic bags contact this person roltel@meritel.net
he has NOS strait from the original shipping crate medic bags no inserts/suspenders I think he wants $150 a set.They still have a stock tag attached the condition is like new.

Return to “Wanted”