LOZ
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Litter carrier

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:49

I am looking for a (litter) Carrier, field, collapsible # 9917500 I know they are out there, anyone know of one for sale

Thanks
Loz.

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Litter carrier

Sat Mar 13, 2010 19:18

I am also looking for one of these, Loz. If you do get a lead, I'd certainly also be interested in securing this item for my collection.

Thanks,
Ben ;)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

PAdoc
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Sat Mar 13, 2010 19:58

I too have been looking for one of these, over the past year or so. They sure do seem very hard to find. Where I live in Oregon, many of the originals were purchased as surplus and used as game carriers on hunting trips. Over the years most were beaten to pieces hauling mule deer over the lava beds, or else drastically modified and thus ruined.
Since I am not really a collector so much as a living historian, I need one to demonstrate how they work. So until I find an original I am making one. The springs were standard wagon seat springs. The tires and wheels were standard 26' bicycle items. All of this is still available. The rest of the carrier is a little harder to come by. Right now I am pinning down the details of those parts and I am sure they can be made up. I have another query on this site requesting information, so any details anyone has I would greatly appreciate. I will submit some photos when it is done.

LOZ
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Sun Mar 14, 2010 01:09

One of the "Nurses" in my unit has one and the FAAA has one so they are about

Ben
Major
Major

Sun Mar 14, 2010 14:20

Yes, they're certainly about Loz. Paul Dray (jumpwings on this Forum) also has one which resides at their museum down at Bushey. I know that Craig Johnson (the large US collector of Hand Carts) also has one, as well as Dave on the Forum here has two. The problem is finding one that's for sale this side of the Pond, or paying the shipping and import duties if one comes up for sale in the US.

Regards,
Ben :)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Return to “Wanted”