JBSaxon
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Emergency Medical Tag Booklet

Mon Apr 23, 2012 20:03

Malpaso,
good work indeed - I know what I am talking about, I also crafted one before. I also perforated every single sheet, and fortunately my paper cutter also has a perforating wheel.
Watching your photos I am a bit confused and I am wondering if I did it the right way. In my understanding the order of the sheets is :
a. perforated tag with cotton ties
b. sheet of perforated carbon paper
c. sheet of perforated silk paper and finally
d. remaining tag as copy for the documentation

The photos make me assume, that you are directly writing on the remaining sheet and the tag received its marks via the carbon paper. Not sure if the photos are cheating on me...

@ the other guys: can you please bring light in there? Thanks

Cheers, J.B.

Alain
Major
Major

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50

Hi Guys,

Ben already pointed out the source > our Article www.med-dept.com/emt.php
I used to make them with help of a professional printer (all sold out), and I think they were the best on the market. The trouble is that most of the basic (vintage) materials were no longer available, so this meant we could no longer faithfully reproduce them !

Once more the correct sequence is:
20 beige/tan light cardstock tags with either brass wires or cotton ties (to attach to the casualty)
20 black carbon sheets (discarded later)
20 protective silk/cellophane paper sheets (discarded later)
20 thin duplicate paper tags (kept for record keeping)

Hope this helps ...
Alain :idea:
MRC Administrator

Malpaso
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Apr 24, 2012 19:04

Thank you Alain and JB,

Yes, I didn't put a protective silk/cellophane sheet... I didn't find this type of paper yet. I'll put it for the next booklet I make.

Thanks a lot for your help and good advise. :)

Andrewb
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed Apr 25, 2012 02:28

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I think I may have a try at producing an EMT booklet after reading this.

It is a pity that Alain can no longer find materials for his EMT books as I agree they were great. It is saying something about technology that basic paper and card supplies are becoming difficult to find in their original forms. Maybe even good reproduction items will become difficult.:(

Andrew

PAdoc
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed Apr 25, 2012 03:11

Andrew,
You can say that again. There are many small parts and materials that we counted on, that are now ceasing to be manufactured. Slotted screws, iron buckles and hardware, cotton rope and cord, for example. I think the best answer is to buy them up whenever they are found.
Dirk

Alain
Major
Major

Fri Apr 27, 2012 08:21

Hi Guys,

EMT Books:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, so here are some additional elements:

The silk/cellophane paper sheet was to protect the 'duplicate' tag from being stained or smeared by the carbon paper. It would normally be removed prior to writing data on the EMT.

When I planned to have the EMT books made, I was able to procure NOS leftovers from a shop dealing with office equipment including stationery that was about to close for business. I convinced the owner to sell me her last boxes of silk/cellophane sheets, black carbon papers (blank w/o logo), and a large roll of blue fabric tape (no plastic). I took everything that this lady had and for little money. It took me weeks to look for some of the necessary products. During production the printer helped cut the cardstock, carbon, paper, etc. to the correct sizes, and of course used his shop, tools and skills to provide me with an excellent product. Cotton ties came from a shop selling rope and cord to marine customers, it was the only one in my hometown also providing 'natural' products apart from synthetic and nylon ones ...

Alain :(
MRC Administrator

Malpaso
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Jun 26, 2012 18:51

Here it is, I managed to improve my copy of medical tag. What do you think about this ?

I know, it could be better... But I followed your advice for the crystal paper and the sequence of the sheets... And I use a sewing machine to perforate the tags...

Andrewb
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed Jun 27, 2012 05:54

Looks great

Where did you find the blue cloth Binding tape?

Andrew

Return to “Wanted”