Ben
Major
Major

Canvas Painting

Tue Aug 07, 2007 09:03

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help me out. I recently managed to get a Fly for the Large Wall Tent, and am planning on adding a Geneva Convention Marking to it. However, I'm not too sure which type of paint I should use. I was hoping that perhaps some of the vehicle buffs may know which paint type is most suited for painting on canvas.

From what I have been reading on the internet, it would appear that Acrylic-based paints are highly favourable, but the fact that these are soluble in water makes them unsuitable for my purpose (for obvious reasons). Any help at all really would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben :)

WC_54
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Aug 07, 2007 19:24

Ben,

A per Doc Dean's suggestion I bought a Canvas painting cloth 11 feet by 8 feet to paint the Geneva cross on to place on the roof of my pyramid tent.

The cloth was from Home Depot and is off white canvas. I went to the local craft store and asked a person what was the best paint to use on cloth/canvas. She suggested Tulip Matte Dimensional fabric paint. Bought it in the color "Real Red". This was purchased in the states at a nationwide chain called Michaels Crafts. The manufacturers website is http://www.duncancrafts.com.

A 4 0z bottle will do a little bit more than an 18" by 18" square. Note to put a backing down as the paint does bleed through and will mark the surface you are painting on.

Bill
1942 WC-54
1942 Ben Hur Medical Trailer
1944 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton 4x4 Combat Fire Truck model 325
1942 Chevrolet Airfield Crash truck model 125
Many, Many other WWII HMV's

Randy Mehoves
Private

Re: Canvas Painting

Tue Dec 12, 2017 16:51

Hello there,
Why are canvas paintings more attractive than any other paintings?
Thanks in advance

Return to “Off Topic Chat”