Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Weekend Downtime

Mon Jan 29, 2007 15:45

Ben et al,

Is it typical to be unable to access the website over weekends? Is this a maintenance period for you?

I have had some difficulty accessing the website over the last couple of weekends. This past weekend, I was unable to get on the website at all Saturday and Sunday. This is the first time I have been able to get on the website since Friday. I have tried from multiple computers too.

Thanks in advance!
TM

Ben
Major
Major

Mon Jan 29, 2007 16:57

Firetoad,

This seems a very strange problem. I personally don't have any problems accessing the site during the weekend. May I ask if this is the only site which causes problems? Also, are there any of our other visitors also experiencing this problem?

I will get in contact with the hosts of this site, and see what they can suggest the problem could be. Thanks for pointing the potential problem.

Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Mon Jan 29, 2007 17:14

Ben,

Yes, your site is the only site that I am having issues with over the weekend. Two weekends ago, service was out for me to your website all Saturday. This past weekend, it was out both Saturday and Sunday. Maybe there is some routing issue on my end, your end, who knows...

Sorry I can't be a better help for you in this diagnosis.
TM

Ben
Major
Major

Mon Jan 29, 2007 23:14

OK Firetoad, thanks for the additional information.

I shall do some more digging and report back if I am able to determine what or rather the problem is (i.e. your end or ours).

I will keep you posted,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

Firetoad
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Tue Jan 30, 2007 07:26

Well, not sure why it was only on the weekends at first, but I fixed the problem! I came home this evening (even though the site worked fine for me earlier) and found that it was not resolving yet again. I tried again from multiple computers (through the same ISP). So, I opted to clear all cookies, history and temp files as well as reset the ip logs. I rebooted my router and DSL modem and now everything works fine. Somewhere something was not resolving correctly in my system for your site only.

My apologies if I made you do any extra work trying to help me with my problem. Sorry!

Thanks for the prompt attention anyway with this Ben!!
TM

Ben
Major
Major

Wed Jan 31, 2007 20:41

Firetoad,

I am glad that the problem was sorted, and that you found, or rather fixed the cause of it. Kindly let me know if you experience any further problems with the site, and I will endeavour to fix them to the best of my ability.

Thanks for your support once again,
Ben
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47

Return to “Website Information”