Union Jack Jackson
Private

Emergency Medical Tag book

Sat Jan 02, 2010 13:13

Hi all....HAPPY NEW YEAR.

After much deliberation I've decided to sell the EMT book detailed in my post in the General Discussions Forum ("24-Unit Motor Vehicle First-Aid Kit").

http://www.med-dept.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=731

Here you will find plenty of photos of the item for sale however if more are required please let me know.

Details on the front cover are as follows:
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TAG
U.S. ARMY

Form 52b
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT, U.S.A.
(Revised November 5,1942)

GPO 16--15434-1 494689 6028-C R

Contents:
20 'card' type pages headed 'SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD' with string attached
Each one accompanied with a carbon copy, clear copy and hard copy.

As I've already mentioned to a number of you I honestly have no idea of the items value (other than the estimates provided) which is why it's difficult to provide an asking price, therefore I've decided to sell the item to highest offer received over the forthcoming week.
If anyone can think of a fairer way to do it then I'm more than willing to listen.

If you have any other questions/queries please let me know.

Regards

Pete
"If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle."

johan willaert
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: Emergency Medical Tag book

Sat Jan 02, 2010 20:10

Union Jack Jackson wrote:As I've already mentioned to a number of you I honestly have no idea of the items value (other than the estimates provided) which is why it's difficult to provide an asking price, therefore I've decided to sell the item to highest offer received over the forthcoming week.
If anyone can think of a fairer way to do it then I'm more than willing to listen.

I find it sad that you are turning this board into an 'ersatz' Ebay site....

Several people told you what the EMT tag book would be worth and I was willing to talk about the offer I sent you...
I don't think many members want to engage in a bidders' war. I know I won't.....
'29th, Let's Go!'

sgtpeter
Captain
Captain

Sun Jan 03, 2010 07:27

Pete -

I agree with Johan. I told you the range I would pay based on condition etc. You have certainly had several offers, so offer it to whomever you want for whatever price you want. If that doesn't work for you, put a price on it and see what happens. You can always modify the price later if you don't get any bites. If you want a bidding war, please take it to eBay.

Peter
Peter

'43 Dodge WC54
piles of smelly green stuff
a couple of band-aids

Union Jack Jackson
Private

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:32

Apologies if I've offended any of you but this was never my intention.
The original post was a genuine post to see how much the kits were worth, I had no idea the Tag book was of so much interest.
I just wanted to get an idea of the value of the items as I was considering exchanging them for some other militaria I'd seen in a local antique shop however due to the interest shown in the forum I thought you guys might be interested in buying some of the items. Perhaps I should have made this clearer.
At the point all the original offers came in the item was not for sale which is why I didn't pursue the matter, after making the decision to the sell the item I struggled to think of a fair way to do it hence being open to suggestions.
I would have felt a bit awkward asking for say £150 straight away as this was the max price quoted.
What were the alternatives, contact you all individually and ask for say £200 and see if anyone was interested, then keep going round till someone agreed???
All I wanted to do was not get ripped off and not rip anyone else off.
I feel sad that you think I was up to no good.
Perhaps e-bay was the best solution after all at least everyone knows the score.
Sorry for troubling you all.
Pete
"If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle."

Ben
Major
Major

Sun Jan 03, 2010 14:09

I can see all sides of the argument here, but in order to avoid any further upset or argumentation, I have locked the topic.

Thanks,
Ben :)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

Return to “For Sale”