bobbysox1v
Private

Hello from England

Tue Aug 12, 2014 09:53

Hi, my name is Michala Russell and I am in search of records relating to William H Wilson who served in the 136th field Hospital in Sudbury Suffolk during 1944. I was born and bred in Sudbury Suffolk and have always known that my fathers father was an America Medic. He tried to remain in contact with my Dad but was forbidden by my naughty nannas 3rd partner. It would be nice to find a picture of him if nothing else.

Hoping to find something on here !! :)

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Hello from England

Tue Aug 12, 2014 19:41

Michala,

Thank you for your message, and welcome to our Forum. Unfortunately, since we are in no way linked to or affiliated with the US Army or Government, it can be extremely difficult for us to provide detailed information regarding the service of WW2 personnel.

I did a search of your Grandfather's name in the National Archives Enlistment database , but unfortunately there are several servicemen named William H. Wilson listed therein. I wonder if you may be able to narrow down the individual record that relates to your Grandfather from the results found at the address below:

NARA Records

As you may be aware, a large fire at the National Archives' St. Louis facility in 1973 destroyed many of the WW2 US Army Enlistment Records, and most have been irreplaceable. That having been said, it may still be worthwhile contacting the US National Archives () to check whether any documents or records are held of your Grandfather, or indeed his unit.

I hope that the above information may be of some interest to you, and I am sorry that we cannot assist further with your query at this time.

Kind regards,
Ben :)
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

bobbysox1v
Private

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:35

Hi Ben, this is/was him. His serial number was 31248550 and he re-enlisted on my Dads 1st birthday which is sad in itself.

He is actually listed on the 136th Station document on this site :)

We did try and contact the Archive dept in the 1990s but they wouldnt entertain a search given the unlikley outcome of finding anything. Might be worth a fresh request now though that so much more is available digitally than was back then.

I thought I had found a social security number for him somewhere but have long since lost track of what I did find...and what I didnt ! *sigh*

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-deta ... 74,2909336

yoeri
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wed Aug 27, 2014 17:23

Si Vis Pacem , Parrabelum
www.scbeb.eu

Return to “Introduce Yourself”