EricO
Private First Class
Private First Class

Food Storage container

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:14

I realize this is a bit of a stretch but does anyone have a spare lid for a Medical Dept. food storage container that they might be willing to part with? I can get one but it is missing its' top! Really want one for my display but don't want to spend money on an incomplete one! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Eric

Ben
Major
Major

Re: Food Storage container

Thu Jan 15, 2015 20:31

Eric,

Unfortunately, the lids almost never become available for sale on their own. Complete ones do turn up from time to time though, so I think it may be a case of being patient and waiting for the right example!

In case I hear of any spare lids, I will of course keep you informed.

Thank you and kind regards,
Ben.
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

EricO
Private First Class
Private First Class

Fri Jan 16, 2015 23:56

Thank you Ben, I thought as much but I had to give it a try. A while back I sent you a few more pics with no response. Did you get them? Eric

Ben
Major
Major

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:11

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have received the email. Would you be able to resend it with the attachments? Please my personal email address > ben@med-dept.com.

Thanks,
Ben.
Ben Major
MRC Administrator
ben@med-dept.com

1943 Harley-Davidson WLA
1943 Douglas C-47
1944 Cushman 53 Airborne Motor Scooter

PAdoc
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Wed Jan 21, 2015 05:35

Eric
Are you looking for a lid to the round Mermite can itself, or for a lid to the food container that goes inside?
Dirk

EricO
Private First Class
Private First Class

Fri Feb 20, 2015 02:02

Thank you Dirk for your post. I was looking for a lid for the Medical Dept;s' "Food Storage Container" which is a large wooden box lined with galvanized metal and insulation. It has a lid that has two metal lid locking carrying handles at either end. At the time I did not have one but saw one listed on E-Bay but it did not have a lid. I was considering bidding on it pending any responses to a lid inquiry. I did not bid on it based on Bens' response. I have since found a complete one though. I do also have a complete Merimite can as well as both types of inserts. Thank you again for your response to my post. Eric

Return to “Wanted”