Madlane
Private

medical folding table

Mon Oct 24, 2016 01:10

A friend of mine came upon a military medical folding table in an attic that he was working on. The table is in a case with 4 canvas covered stools. Everything is military green. The case says US on the out side and on the inside it says Regal Furniture Co, stock no. 9-595-050 OIN 48460. I have been searching on the web and saw only one other that was similar but it did not have the chairs. Does anyone know if this is from WW2? And if so what it was used for and any history on it? The entire kit is in fantastic shape like it has never been used but there are scratches on the top of the table.
us.zip
(687.12 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Re: medical folding table

Mon Oct 24, 2016 22:27

It sounds like the table for the #4 medical chest - let me see if I can find the photos. If so, it is probably WW2 era.

Look at this thread - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=392&hilit=chest+%234 I sure could use the set if you or your friend is interested is selling.
David J. Little

President, Tenth Mountain Division Living History Display Group
Secretary, Tenth Mountain Division Foundation
Board Member, Tenth Mountain Resource Center
Past Webmaster, National Association of the Tenth Mountain Division

Madlane
Private

Tue Oct 25, 2016 15:38

It looks similar but the one I have is actually in a case. There are pictures attached to my posting that shows what it looks like. We would be interested in selling it. Thank you for your help.

TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Tue Oct 25, 2016 16:00

It appears to be the table & stools for Chest #4 - I would be interested in purchasing it.

What part of the country do you live in? How much will you ask? (I fear that freight may make it prohibitive, but let's find out) Let's take this off-line. My email is TenthA86@q.com

David Little

in Denver, CO
David J. Little

Madlane
Private

Tue Oct 25, 2016 16:14

Can you tell me a little more about the table? What does chest #4 mean? I would have no idea what to ask for it, can you give me some insight? It is very heavy, mostly because of the stools. I am located in Lousiville, KY. Thanks!

TenthA86
Captain
Captain

Tue Oct 25, 2016 17:53

The table was part of a large rectangular chest that was used for records keeping at an Aid Station in the field. The chest (Chest #4) was set up where the clerk could order supplies, record who came through the Aid Station, etc and keep the unit's records. The table (similar to a card table) and stools were for the medics and unit surgeon to complete their paperwork - not normally for treating casualties. The table, when folded, fits inside the chest so it can be carried on a truck without getting damaged. In short, the whole chest unfolds and makes an open-air office for the clerk to work in. There were several chests like this the Army used - each one had a different function (bandages, smaller medical supplies, etc - even a portable dental lab or dentist's chair)
David J. Little

Madlane
Private

Sun Oct 30, 2016 00:27

Thank you David for the information. I just emailed you.

Return to “Reference Topics”